Monday, July 20, 2009

Almost There

In just 18 days I will take off on my 60 Magnificent Miles for Arthanise. I can't wait. I am so excited! The pithy 3 Day mantra "Eat, Drink, Pee, No IV" has already started playing through my head.

Over the weekend I went on a 12.5 mile walk. When I left home on Saturday morning at 7:11 it was a mere 56 degrees outside. O Summer, where art thou? Actually, I am quite glad it was not very warm because after the first 5 miles I was HOT! I love the fact that we live near a nature preserve. It makes it very easy to incorporate long walks into my training. While walking on Saturday I spotted a couple of deer, tons of field mice, a beautiful black bird with orange wings, ducks, geese, swans, herons and a few snakes. Yeah, snakes. In fact, one snake was rather large and scared the bajeebies out of me.

On the fundraising front, I am now a little over $200 away from my fundraising goal. I can't wait to hit that 100% mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment