Monday, August 3, 2009

Speechless

This morning I was $88 away from the fundraising requirement for the 3-Day and $288 away from my personal fundraising goal of $2500. As of about 1:00 this afternoon I have exceeded my personal fundraising goal by $50.00. I am ecstatic. The thing that blows me away the most about meeting my fundraising goal is how it happened. The blog world is amazing. I have met some wonderful people through the world of blogs and this story is no different. I am not exactly sure how Sharon came across our family blog but one Wednesday a few weeks ago she visited and left a comment on a photo of our little girl swinging. I proceeded to click on her name and saw that she had a blog entitled Bump in my Boob. I immediately went to her blog and learned that she had recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and was undergoing treatment. I left a comment on her blog and the rest is history. It is because of Sharon I can say I have met and exceeded my personal fundraising goal. This does not mean you cannot donate. In fact, I would love to raise as much money as possible for this worthwhile cause.

Sharon, thank you again for your generosity. I will walk proudly in your honor and in support of you. As it gets harder and harder to put one foot in front of the other, mile after mile, I will remember that you are cheering me on and I will continue. Blisters don't need chemo. Sore muscles do not need radiation. Fatigue does not require surgery. But everyone deserves a lifetime and that includes you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - that is an incredible story! I think God does some amazing work on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. It's always great to exceed the goals you set for yourself. I set a goal of being finished in treatment by the first week of Aug, and my last day was Tues, Aug 4. That was my victory!

    ReplyDelete