Saturday, August 1, 2009

Focus

I need to focus. Last night a friend called and asked me to watch her daughter on Friday. I talked with her for fifteen minutes and we made arrangements for her to drop K off at 8:20am. We talked about my daughter's upcoming birthday party, we talked about her pregnancy and their sweet little one that is on the way, but not once during this conversation did it dawn on me that I could not watch K on Friday because I would be walking. YIKES! I proceeded to hang up the phone and then tell my husband what the plan was. As I reiterated the details of my conversation I suddenly stopped and exclaimed "I can't watch K on Friday - It's the 3-Day!"

Man oh man, has this event snuck up on me! I am really anxious. The first time I participated in this event I had ignorance on my side. Ignorance is bliss really was true. This time around I know how hard it will be. I know that Saturday morning my legs will ache and my feet will be screaming but I will still wake up and walk. I know that by the end of the day Sunday as we approach Soldier Field for the closing ceremonies that tears will be streaming down my cheeks out of sheer exhaustion and out of the overflow of emotions from spending my weekend walking so that perhaps one lady will not have to walk the breast cancer road.

I need to focus on the goal. 60 miles. 60 Magnificent Miles. 60 Miles for my mom. For Arthanise. For my daughter. For the hundreds of women diagnosed each month. 60 miles to a cure!

1 comment:

  1. I am so cheering you on from this NW corner of the US. Walk for me too! Have you reached your $2500 goal yet?

    ReplyDelete