Thursday, August 6, 2009

These Feet Were Made For Walking

In less than 24 hours I will start my 60 mile adventure! I am SO excited. Last night I packed my bag and today I am gathering my last minute things. I am packing diaper bags for daddy and getting meals ready for the little one in an attempt to make things easier on my sweet husband while I am away. I am going to miss my sweet little girl terribly but am looking forward to seeing her and her daddy at the cheering stations.

Cheering stations. One of my favorite things about this event. Throughout the route one each day there are a number of organized cheering stations. Tons of people show up to cheer the walkers on. It is such an encouragement. Many times, those at the cheering stations are breast cancer survivors thanking us for walking. But really, it is us walkers who are thanking them for their support. Walking through a cheering station is always an emotional time. And this year my own personal cheering section has grown.

In just a few hours my dear friend Arthanise will arrive in Chi--town! I still cannot believe she is making the trip out here to cheer me on. If there was ever a moment I thought I couldn't do this event it is long gone. There is no way I could NOT do this event when I meet women like Arthanise who are not only a 1 time breast cancer survivor but a TWO time survivor. Arthanise is a hero in my book and I am so proud to walk in her honor. She was my motivation and inspiration for signing up to walk this year and now she will be here to cheer me on.

Well, there is laundry to finish and bathrooms to be cleaned so until next week.... Eat, Drink, Pee, No IV.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck, I'm cheering you on from my little NW corner of the US. I hope you get my card, I mailed it a bit late ;-(

    ReplyDelete